Permission to leave for permanent residence from Ukraine
Grounds for receiving the service
The departure of a citizen of Ukraine for permanent residence in another state. Receipt of the service is possible simultaneously with the issuance of a passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad (in case of its absence).
Application processing time:
up to three months
up to three months
- an application containing information about the applicant: last name, first name, patronymic, passport data (series, passport number, by whom and when issued, place of residence), telephone number
- a payment document (receipt) with a banknote, a post office, or a code of the operation performed to pay for the cost of this administrative service and a passport form; a passport of a citizen of Ukraine, and for a person under the age of 16 – a birth certificate (after acceptance of the documents, they are returned to the recipient of the service );
- passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad;
- a copy of the registration number of the taxpayer’s registration card, except for individuals who, due to their religious beliefs, refuse to accept the registration number of the taxpayer’s registration card and have informed the relevant state tax authority about this and have a stamp in their passport; a military ID or a document replacing it (for men from 18 to 25 years old who have completed military service), or a certificate from the relevant military commissariat on the possibility of leaving Ukraine (for men aged 18 to 25 years who are subject to conscription for military service);
- for children from 14 to 16 years of age, their written consent is certified by a notary.
The result of receiving the service
Issuance of a passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad with the entered information on obtaining permission to leave for permanent residence outside Ukraine. Entering data does not change the validity of the passport.
The permit for permanent residence-departure from Ukraine looks like this: – a mark on deregistration is affixed to the internal passport; – an entry (stamp) is made in the passport about the state of departure
Grounds for refusal to obtain a permit:
- Working with information constituting a state secret – until the expiration of the period established by the Law of Ukraine “On State Secrets”;
- unsettled maintenance, contractual or other unfulfilled obligations are in force – until the obligations are fulfilled or the dispute is resolved by agreement of the parties in cases provided for by law, or the obligations are secured by a pledge unless otherwise provided by an international treaty of Ukraine; a criminal case is initiated – until the end of the proceedings;
- a conviction for committing a crime – before serving the sentence or release from punishment;
- evasion of the fulfillment of obligations imposed on him by a court decision, the decision of another body (official) – until the fulfillment of obligations;
- deliberate indication of false information about oneself – until the causes and consequences of the presentation of false information are clarified;
- subject to conscription for fixed-term military service – until the issue of deferment from conscription is resolved;
- a civil lawsuit has been filed against a citizen in court – until the end of the proceedings;
- stay under the administrative supervision of the internal affairs bodies – until the termination of supervision.
Acts of legislation regulating these services:
- Law of Ukraine “On the Procedure for Departure from Ukraine and Entry into Ukraine of Citizens of Ukraine”
- Decree of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine dated June 26, 1992 №2503-XII “On approval of the provisions on the passport of a citizen of Ukraine, on a birth certificate and on a passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad”
- Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated March 31, 1995, №231 “On approval of the Rules for issuing and issuing a passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad and a child’s travel document, their temporary detention, and seizure”
- Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine dated December 21, 2004 No. 1603 “On approval of the procedure for processing applications for issuing passports of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad and travel documents for a child”.