Confirmation of Ukrainian citizenship for a child
Confirmation of the child’s citizenship is a legal procedure, as a result of which the child is registered as a Ukrainian citizen if there are sufficient grounds.
Documents required to confirm the citizenship of Ukraine for a child:
- application questionnaire on establishing belonging to the citizenship of Ukraine;
- two photos measuring 3.5×4.5 cm (for a child over the age of 7);
- one of the following documents to confirm the citizenship of Ukraine: a declaration of the absence of citizenship of a foreign state (provided by stateless persons); obligation to terminate foreign citizenship (provided by foreigners); declaration of renunciation of citizenship of a foreign state (provided by persons who have received asylum in Ukraine or refugee status; the declaration is submitted together with a document on granting the status); application for change of citizenship.
- birth certificate of the child;
- passport documents of parents;
- parents’ marriage certificate.
The procedure for confirming the Ukrainian citizenship of a child.
The procedure for registering Ukrainian citizenship is carried out at the request of the legal representative of the child (one of the parents, guardian, or custodian). Documents are accepted and the certificate is issued by the State Migration Service at the place of residence of the child. After a positive decision is made, the State Migration Service issues a certificate to the applicant, which indicates in Ukrainian: the full name of the child (last name, first name, patronymic), citizenship indicating the reason for the acquisition, date of birth, place of birth, personal number, gender, date of issue of the document and the term his actions.